skip to content

Arctic Fox Latest News

No Messages ....

Forgot Details?,




Subscriptions are currently set at £45 and are to be paid on the first meeting of each new term (three times a year). Our preferred method of payment is a direct bank transfer as this way cheques don't get mislaid or hang around on the desk to long, it makes it easier to track payments and saves the treasurer time as he has not got to visit the bank to cash the cheques in. However if you are unable to pay by electonic bank transfer then cheques are acceptable and should be made payable to “Arctic Fox Explorer Scout Unit”. If paying by cash then this should be placed in sealed envelope/bag and labelled.


These fees pay for the capitation required by the Scout Association, subsidising and equipment for activities. 



 If you haven’t done so already, please fill out a Gift Aid Form.

Using Gift Aid means that for every pound you give, we get an extra 28 pence from the Inland Revenue, helping your member subscriptions go further. This means that £10 can be turned into £12.80 just so long as subscriptions are made through Gift Aid. Imagine what a difference this makes – and it doesn’t cost you a thing. So if you want to help us by making your subscriptions go further, please Gift Aid it. Just complete a Gift Aid form and send it back to us. You can find a Gift Aid form to complete by clicking here or ask one of the Leaders.


1. You must pay an amount of income tax and/or Capital Gains tax at least equal to the tax that the Scout Group reclaims on your donations in the tax year (currently 28p for each £1 you give).

2. You can cancel the Declaration at any time by notifying the Scout Group.

3. If in future your circumstances change and you no longer pay tax on your income and Capital Gains equal to the tax the Scout Group reclaims, you can cancel your Declaration (see note 1).

4. If you pay tax at the higher rate you can claim further tax relief in your Self Assessment Tax Return.

5. If you are unsure whether your donations qualify for Gift Aid tax relief, ask the Scout Group, or ask your local Tax Office for leaflet IR65.

6. Please notify the Scout Group if you change your name or address.